Truckload Shipping With ASAP Transport Solutions Is Always Done Professionally
Truckload shipping with ASAP Transport Solutions makes it quicker and easier than ever. Our trusted network of more than 40,000 drivers is compiled of professional drivers that have the equipment and experience to ensure that your loads are delivered safely and successfully.
Truckload shipping is a mode of freight for larger shipments that typically occupy more than half and up to the full capacity of a 48’ or 53’ trailer. This method is commonly used when shippers decide they have enough items to fill a truck, want their shipment in a trailer by itself, the freight is time-sensitive, or the shipper decides it’s more cost-effective than other options.
Truckload shipping is the movement of large amounts of homogeneous cargo, generally the amount necessary to fill an entire semi-trailer or intermodal container. A truckload carrier is a trucking company that generally contracts an entire trailer-load to a single customer. This is as opposed to a less-than truckload company that generally mixes freight from several customers in each trailer. One advantage full truckload shipping carriers have over less than truckload carriers is that the freight is never handled en route, whereas an less-than truckload shipment will typically be transported on several different trailers.
Freight is usually loaded onto pallets for unit loads. Sturdy shipping containers such as crates or corrugated fiberboard boxes are commonly used. Carriers have published tariffs that provide some guidance for packaging. Packaging engineers design and test packaging to meet the specific needs of the logistics system and the product being shipped.
Packaging for truckload shipping often needs to withstand the more severe handling of individual shipments. A typical full truckload for a dry van trailer consists of 24 standard pallets of cargo that weighs up to 45,000 lbs. (or more).
The Benefits of Truckload Shipping Services with ASAP Transport Solutions includes:
- Direct transportation of your freight from door-to-door, with no stopoffs unless you dictate otherwise.
- Your freight isn’t touched or moved once it is loaded onto the truck. Your merchandise stays on the same truck/trailer the entire trip.
- No reweighs or reclassifications.
- Fast deliveries.
- Pickup and delivery appointments can be set with no extra costs.
- Truckload shipping is the only way to haul oversized and overweight freight.
- We will arrange for permits and escorts if needed.
- We specialize in simplifying the logistics of any complex supply chain and help find ways for our clients to save time and money when shipping their products. No matter what challenge that our customers are facing, we will find you the best logistical solution possible. Our goal is for our clients to view us as an extension of their company, that they can depend on.
Our team at ASAP Transport Solutions has more 100 years of combined experience in streamlining logistics for large corporations, small to medium-sized businesses and individuals all over the USA. We deliver the most effective solution for you or your business to help ship your product wherever it needs to be, when you need it there.